We Buy Houses In Yorba Linda CA. Many people going through the California foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the home in foreclosure. The short answer: Yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually, you can sell the property in Yorba Linda CA prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better. We are Yorba Linda CA home buyers, and we can help you understand the foreclosure process in CA, which is an important part of navigating your own home foreclosure.
Before we dive in…
What Is Foreclosure In California Anyway?
Foreclosure is no fun. But just know that it’s not the end of the world.
When you know how foreclosure in California works, it arms you with the knowledge to make sure you navigate it well and come out the other end as well as possible.
The Basic Stages Of A Foreclosure In Yorba Linda California
There are a few stages that are important in understanding the Foreclosure Process in Yorba Linda CA.
Foreclosure works differently in different states around the country. The two ways different states use to foreclose upon a property are judicial sale or power of sale. In either scenario, foreclosure typically doesn’t go to court until 3-6 months of missed payments have elapsed. Usually (but not always), a lender will send out many notices that you are in arrears – overdue or behind in your payment.
Connect with us by calling 949-356-6763 or through our Contact page to have us walk you through the specific foreclosure process. We are local homebuyers in Yorba Linda CA.
Under CA Judicial Foreclosure:
- Your mortgage lender must file suit in the court system.
- You’ll get a letter from the court demanding payment.
- Assuming the loan is valid, you’ll have 30 days to bring the payment to court to avoid foreclosure (and sometimes, that can be extended).
- If you don’t pay during the payment period, a judgment will be entered and the lender can request the sale of your property – usually through an auction.
- Once the property is sold, the sheriff serves an eviction notice and forces you to immediately vacate the property.
Under CA Power Of Sale (Or Non-Judicial Foreclosure):
- The mortgage lender serves you with papers demanding payment, and the courts are not required – although the process may be subject to judicial review.
- After the established waiting period has elapsed, a deed of trust is drawn up and control of your property is transferred to a trustee.
- The trustee can then sell your property in foreclosure for the lender at a public auction (notice must be given).
Anyone who has an interest in the property must be notified during either type of foreclosure.
For example, any contractors or banks with liens against a foreclosed property are entitled to collect from the proceedings of an auction.
What Happens After A Foreclosure Auction In Yorba Linda?
After a foreclosure is complete, the loan amount is paid off with the sale proceeds.
Sometimes, if the sale of the property at auction isn’t enough to pay off the loan, a deficiency judgment can be issued against the borrower.
A deficiency judgment is where the bank gets a judgment against you, the borrower, for the remaining funds owed to the bank on the loan amount after the foreclosure sale.
Some states limit the amount owed in a deficiency judgment to the fair value of the property at the time of sale, while other states will allow the full loan amount to be assessed against the borrower.
Here’s a great resource that lists the state-by-state deficiency judgment laws, since every state is different.
Sell My House In Yorba Linda CA
Generally, it’s best to avoid a foreclosure auction. Instead, call up the bank, or work with a reputable real estate firm like us at Premier Property Buyers to help you negotiate discounts off the amount owed to avoid having to carry out a foreclosure.
Experienced investors can help you by negotiating directly with banks to lower the amount you owe in a sale – or even eliminate it, even if your home is worth less than you owe.
If you need to sell your house in CA, we can help you. If you want cash for houses in Yorba Linda CA, we will buy it!
Sell your property in CA. Give us a call anytime at 949-356-6763 or fill out the form on this website today! >>
Other Foreclosure Resources For Yorba Linda CA Homeowners: